Friday, July 4, 2008

Preparing Little People for a Big World message series


One of the greatest responsibilities and Biblical roles that I have as a pastor is that of a shepherd. It's one that I don't take lightly, and one that I have grown to love over the years. Working for the Great Shepherd is an amazing adventure.

Well this past spring, I felt a tug on my heart to do a message series on kids. I have done series in the past on parenting or families, but not children alone. Everyone believes and even says that "children are our future," and "children are gifts of God to us." And I firmly believe this! The problem is that we don't always show it.

You see, I have found that the simplest things are the things we take for granted. And what is more unassuming and innocent then a small child. God places great emphasis on children and so should we. I hope you will join me this Sunday for a special series about our children entitled, "Preparing Little People for a Big World." We will talk about what it means to capture God's passion for kids. See you there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Jerry Coleman and I am a elementary teacher in Buchanan County located in Southwest Virginia. Would you please publish this message on YouTube. I would love to attend but the distance would be to far.

Thank you,
Jerry

Jennifer said...

Jerry- although we do post some material on YouTube (www.youtube.com/englewoodministries) 10 minutes seems to be the max allowed on youtube. email us and we can get in touch to send you the entire series on CD when it's done. revross12@comcast.net

Thanks