Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

I love fireworks, food, fun and fellowship. So the 4th of July allows me to enjoy all my favorites. We sincerely hope everyone had a tremendous and safe holiday.

For us it was easy going in the morning, but finished strong. We were invited over to some friends house for dinner. We BBQ'd hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken and served up some homemade ice cream w/strawberries, blueberries & brownies. Got to watch Albert Pujols hit his 300th career home run on TV! Afterwards we shot off some great fireworks that were purchased at our Royal Ranger tent in Odessa.

Enjoy the rest of your week-end and I'll see you on Sunday for the start of a brand new message series focusing on kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, that Albert guy went to my alma mater in high school. I believe he has some signed gloves, bats, balls, and such up there at the good old Fort Osage High School in the display case. One of Independence's favorite sons along with Truman of course...

Jennifer said...

We have several friends that live near The Fort. Our oldest son, likes to jump out of the car and touch the side of the building, I guess hoping to generate some Albert-ness in his life. Hope it works!

Anonymous said...

Happy Late 4th of july to everyone at englewood!