Thursday, July 31, 2008

Doug Reed Ministries



We had a special guest Sunday, Doug Reed, who I know from back in my high school days. We both came out of the same youth ministry, and both went on to attend Central Bible College after graduating. Now, we are both in ministry in the KC area. Weird!

Doug and his wife Jeanne have an awesome passion to see people grow in their relationship with Christ. Doug speaks across the nation, and internationally through his missions organization, Partnership International. He also has a great teaching blog: check it out.

This message was very timely and welcome for our church. I haven't gotten a copy yet, but I plan to do so and listen to it again.

Here are my takeaways from Doug's message on "Passion: The X-Factor"...
  • "...you don't know how heavy sin is until it's gone."

  • "little skills + great passion is greater than big skills + little passion"

  • "passion is the attractive quality of your faith"

  • It's somewhat surreal listening to someone from your high school days speak; I know how far God's brought both of us.

  • 5 Principles of Passion

No comments: