Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Update

Here's an update on how things went this weekend, 3/7-3-9:

  • Attended ECA Jr. High Sports Banquet on Friday night (above). It was good to be there as all the kids were honored with certificates and the coaches summarized their seasons. One thing I picked up on was how much the coaches really put a lot of time into their remarks about each student. We're trying to bank all these memories. I'm glad we went as a family, as these opportunities are quickly slipping away...

  • Saturday morning was our third edition of All Pro Dad. I think we had 33 or so, which is great. I love seeing Dads with their kids having breakfast, interacting with others, and growing together. It's only 1 hour, but I enjoy it. We talked about being an A.C.E.-- Attitude, Character, Enthusiasm.

  • KU rips A & M; Duke gets beat by UNC.

  • Met the crew at Starbucks on Sunday morning; I've been enjoying these quick get togethers for over 2 years now!

  • Deal or No Deal 100% tithing challenge was Sunday morning. I'm happy to report that we about doubled our average weekly giving. That's a start! Let's keep it going and see what God will do. I know many of you stepped out in faith, but many more need to get "All In". I'm praying God's blessing and guidance over both groups. I'm also praying God moves upon the hearts of those who give a little but don't tithe. Here's the committment card we used.

  • Had lunch with Jason, Jenny, & Joslyn Cobb at Chuck E. Cheese. It was crowded--lots of birthday parties, but we had a great time. Braeden proudly claims Joslyn as one of his "girlfriends"! Jason is a fireman and we talked about a BACKDRAFT sermon illustration that we'd like to do soon.

  • Oprah's Big Give: Why did that stupid guy give the car to the restaurant manager??? That is one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. He deserved to be voted off.

No comments: