Thursday, January 17, 2008

Believe Again

This past Monday night I had the privilege of speaking at New Life Church in Oak Grove, MO. Pastor Jack Blansit is a good friend and I always count it a huge honor to be in someone's pulpit.

It was night #1 of a prayer and worship revival the church was hosting. Tuesday night, Todd Matchett from Grandview Assembly was the guest speaker and Wednesday night was Jason St. John from Evangel Temple. These churches have outstanding ministries and are reaching people for the Kingdom. So I was especially honored to be a part of this conference. And I really want to thank Pastor Ryan & Sarah Elrod and everyone from Englewood who came out to support me. You really encouraged me!

The title of my message was "Believe Again." In order to believe again, we must find our way into God's presence.

3 WAYS TO ENTER INTO GOD'S PRESENCE:
1. Reading and meditating on the Word of God
2. Praise and worship
3. Prayer and intercession

I wanted to be a "lid lifter" and encourage people to start where they are. I feel like many people don't pray or aren't motivated to pray because they feel like their prayers aren't being heard or answered. Another reason is that people hear their pastor or others pray and feel lke they don't measure up. Don't try to pray like the pastor or anybody else; just be yourself.

When it comes to prayer, I have some core convictions. I shared these two:

1. Don't pray to have your needs met, pray to be changed in His presence. Scripture tells us that God already knows our needs (Mt. 6:7,8). The closer I get to the Lord, the more I realize that its His desire to transform me. And nothing changes us like being in His presence.

2. When you pray you must believe. It's that child-like faith that moves God's hand the most. A total dependence and belief that He will do it! Scripture says, "Without faith it is impossible to please God
'' (Heb. 11:6). Many times in Christ's life we find Him saying, "According to your faith, be it unto you."

It is our positive expectation that opens the doorway to answered prayer. It's what Zechariah calls being "prisoners of hope" (Zech. 9:12).

So the challenge is this: What are you going to start to Believe Again for? Friends & family? Physical healing? An unfulfilled dream? Financial provision? It's time to BELIEVE AGAIN! Take a moment to go to the Lord right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.