Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Apostles' Creed

During Part 1 of the Evolution of Faith series on Sunday, we looked at the first two words of the Apostles' Creed (download it here) which starts, "I believe." The early church fathers were asking us to make a bold statement filled with conviction, "I believe." It's not a statement of fact, or a presumption that something might occur. No, it's a personal proclamation of individual experience and truth.

One of the meanings for the word "believe," in the New Testament is "to step into something or someone." To step into the fullness of Christ's mighty power and wonderful grace is a declaration of faith that is summed up in two simple words, "I believe."

This week, make your testimony clear and known. It may or may not take words. Know what you believe and why you believe it. But more importantly, know in whom you believe. Paul said, "I know whom I have believed." Totally surrender your life to Christ by stepping into Christ. He tells us, "If you abide in me and my word abides in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given unto you."

No comments: