Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wedding on the Beach


This past weekend I was in beautiful San Diego, CA for Shawn Cooper and Bethany Bushnell's wedding. It was truly an honor to be present as the two of them became one in the Lord. Shawn and Bethany met while attending Master's Commission. Shawn has attended Englewood most of his life and I have watched him grow up into a great young man.

It was evident to see God's hand in bringing them together. I always think it's awesome to see two different individuals living for God and following His plan, then finding one another. So many circumstances, so many opportunities, and so many things have to align themselves for such a union to come about. It's truly a "God Thing."

The wedding took place at sunset Saturday night on La Jolla Beach with about thirty close friends and family members. Some came as far as Iowa to show their support. On the trip I was able to meet many new friends and thoroughly enjoyed it. I even made my wife jealous by eating at Jack-In-the-Box.

And since I couldn't get back in time for services on Sunday, I caught up with my sister, who also lives in California, for her birthday. All in all, great weather, great time with great people.

No comments: