Saturday, May 17, 2008

Joyce Meyer in Kansas City

Well we had a busload from our attend the Joyce Meyer Conference at the Sprint Center this weekend. She made her first appearance in Kansas City in 15 years. Why no love for KC?? Is it the close proximity to her annual Women's Convention in St. Louis? I don't know, but with the price of gas, I'm just thankful it was local. I hope it was successful for them and they come back.

Joyce spoke on personal integrity both Thursday and Friday evenings. Worship was led by Delirious?. This conference came at a busy time for most of us. But I really enjoyed the "break" from normal busy-ness. The weather was fantastic and I just liked hanging out with friends. Refreshing and pressure free.

Here are some of my take-aways:
  • Joyce: "We have the music loud to attract the young people."
  • Joyce: "No matter what you've done wrong, it's not too much for God to fix it."
  • I'm still hummin' "Rain Down" and "Majesty" by Delirious?
  • Joyce: "Excellence is not about being perfect...excellence is doing the best with what you have."
  • I love the padded seats at Sprint Center. And QuikTrip Freezonis.
  • 240 people gave their hearts to Christ on Thursday night alone!
  • I sometimes open my eyes during worship just to watch the ladies from our church worship God. This makes me happy :-)
  • It's good to get out of your normal church setting and routine once in a while. I think it can give you a fresh perspective and clarity to hear from God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was AMAZING and A BLAST!!!!
Thank you for taking the time out of your life to do things for the ladies at the church. You and Your family are truely A Blessing to me and everyone else. God Bless,
Have a great week.
Stacy