Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow Day & Spiritual Endorphins

Two of the greatest words in the English language: "No School"!

We actually got our kids back out of bed last night to come and hear it on the news. No school in Independence today. SNOW DAY! There was fist pumping, jumping, high-fiving, lots of "Wooo baby!", etc.

Wonder if anybody has ever done a study on the amount of endorphins released in children upon hearing the phrase "No School"? I still kinda get pumped up myself! It's a definite euphoria trigger.

I'm very thankful that I can be at home with my boys. We slept in, I made a big breakfast, and we're going to chill out today; maybe catch a movie and wait for church tonight.

You know, I've just had a stirring in my spirit and an excitement about the service tonight. I don't know why; for all intents and purposes it's a normal Wed. night. But God has been saying to me, "Are you excited to enter my presence? I have something for you and I'll meet you there."

Does being in God's presence to wait upon Him, worship Him, and hear His Word excite you? Does it release some spiritual endorphins in you? Does it trigger a joy and a hunger for God in you? It can and it will. Read Psalm 16:11

No comments: