Thursday, August 14, 2008

Top 10 Ice Cream Places in KC: Stop #7- Waldo Pizza

Okay, first let's address the obvious: Why is a pizza place on our Top 10 Ice Cream list??

Because Waldo Pizza carries Ted Drewes' Frozen Custard from St. Louis!!

You have to understand that this is the most awesome custard ever. Made even more awesome if eaten late on a warm summer night after attending a Cardinals game.

Ted Drewes is a tradition for me. Growing up in St. Louis, I can remember going to Ted Drewes for the first time. My Dad said, "Get in the car everybody. I've got a surprise." It seemed like we drove forever. I don't know what I ordered that first time, but I was amazed as they handed me the custard upside down. I've been hooked on Ted Drewes ever since and now I've got Brian and the boys hooked. TD's is a must stop when we are in St. Louis any time of the year.

So...if you want to taste some TD's right here in KC, head to Waldo Pizza. Call ahead to make sure they have a current shipment in stock. They only carry a few basic flavors, but you'll love it! (Ex.- today they had vanilla, choc., rasp., & Oreo)

No comments: