Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jason Allen of LifeConnection Church


I am excited to have my friend Jason Allen in our service tonight at 7:00 pm. He is the pastor of a brand new church called LifeConnection Church here in Independence. Jason and I met several months ago through a God- kind of encounter at one of my favorites places, Starbucks.

Since then, we have been meeting and having regular dialogue on how to reach our city for Christ. Because of his heart for the lost and willingness to take great risk, I felt like we shared similar desires and callings. We have also been having talks about a large city outreach this coming spring. More info. on that later this year.

I ask that you pray for Jason, his wife Carrie, and the entire team at LifeConnection. It takes many churches uniting to reach a city. Fighting, jealousy, and being territorial have no place in God's kingdom.

See you all tonight!



--You can keep up with Jason through his blog here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it might have been wiser to wait and say anything nice after it's all said and done tonight. :)

Brian said...

I'm sure things are going to be fine. Looking forward to it. Thanks for your willingness to come. See you tonight.