Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Prayer Devotion, #2


There is incredible power when we pray.

Jesus shows us the importance of prayer by "forever making intercession for us" (Romans 8:34). Scripture tells us that the "prayer of a person living right with God is something to be reckoned with" (James 5:16).

Prayer is an essential part of the believers life. It is a life-line that releases spiritual power into our lives, and equips us for service. One of the biggest reasons we pray is to be changed; not just to receive answers to our prayers-- although God desires to do so. But to be changed by the Truth.

However, this "One Prayer" movement was established, in part, by asking one question. If you knew that God would answer one prayer, what would you pray? It's a great question! So let me hear from you.

Complete this prayer: "Lord make us....

4 comments:

RebeccaR said...

My one prayer would be, "Lord continue to make me what you designed me to be, help me hear exactly what your desire for my life is and then continue to help me remember you will provide the strength and wisdom for me to carry out YOUR plan!"

Anonymous said...

lord make us one

Anonymous said...

Authentic

Anonymous said...

Lord help me be a reflection of you!