Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Like A Good Neighbor

We all know this tag line/song by heart. It's meant to invoke a feeling of security. No matter what you're going through help is on the way. We had a great service tonight where I taught out of Luke 11. *Click here because you need to read this cool version!

Sandwiched between 2 famous passages on prayer, Jesus tells the parable.

The point I brought out tonight was that the need was met due to the neighbor's boldness. Remember, Jesus was in the middle of teaching on prayer. Sometimes our own lack of boldness keeps us from seeing our God-given dreams fulfilled and our prayers answered.

Is your lack of boldness with God delaying your dreams? Have you stopped praying that one big prayer just because you're tired of praying it?

Just like the good neighbor in Luke 11, we can boldly approach his throne of grace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor the service was so awesome tonight. The message spoke to right where we are at & has given me encouragement to keep doing what we are doing & pressing forward with the prayer & crying out to HIM. Just in the past couple of days Walter &I both have been just crying out to Him.

My friend remined me about my devotion I sent out about being still .To remember the words the Lord gave me to share, that now I needed to remember. Words we all need to remember. " Be Still & Know That I Am God "

joshua said...

Awesome point! Boldness is something we all need!

Now I just have to remove the State Farm jingle from my head again!!!!