Wednesday, August 22, 2007

22 First Days

Today was the first day of school for Joe (6th grade) & Braeden (Pre-K) at Englewood Christian Academy. Joe is bummed; Braeden had a short cry. Our summer was busy with little league, t-ball, swimming, Royals games, staying up late, mini-golf, trips to Tropical Sno, kids camp and more Royals games! We had a great summer. Sad to see it end!

I was thinking this morning as the kids left for school with Brian, I hate to see the kids go. I actually enjoy having them home in the summer (of course, there are days.....).

I guess I was getting a bit sentimental (mark that) and I remembered a Broadway play by Billy Crystal called "700 Sundays". It's about the time he spent with his father before his father died when Billy was just 15. So, I sat down and calculated how many "First Days of School" Brian and I would actually get to savor with the kids (pre-school thru 12th). It was kind of cool. Here's my findings:

  • As parents, we will have 22 First Days with one or both boys.
  • The boys are 7 years apart, so that's 7 years of each individually, and 8 overlapping years.

    So thankful for our school and teachers. Here's to First Day # 9.

No comments: