Thursday, September 23, 2010

Anyone who knows me at all, can tell you how much I love this country. I think America is the best nation on the planet. I love our history. I especially love the ideals and principles upon which our great nation was founded upon.


The belief that "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" still rings true in my heart and spirit.


Our National Anthem, The Star-Spangled Banner, still moves me every time I hear it or sing it aloud. The less familiar last verse says in part,

"Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land

Praise the Power that has made and preserved us as a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust";
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

What's happening to our country? Our national values are being watered down by people who seemingly don't know the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution or our godly history; taking our freedoms with it. How can we sit idly by and watch these foundational virtues be destroyed?

There is still hope for America! As Christians we are called to action by God through His holy word. In 2 Chronicles 7:14 is says, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." As believers, we are called upon to...
1. Humble our selves before the Lord
2. Pray
3. Seek God's Face
4. Repent of our sins (individually and collectively)

Scripture reminds us that, "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people" (Pro. 14:34).

What can you do? Join with hundreds of thousands of others by being involved over the next thirty or so by praying and fasting for this great land of ours. Go to www.prayandact.org.

We are praying specifically in three areas:
  • • Sanctity of life
  • • Sacredness of marriage
  • • Preservation of religious liberty
It's time to act. It's time to call upon the Lord. It's time to restore America's future and hope.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Pastor Brian

No comments: