Saturday, February 23, 2008

C3 Conference-Day 1

The past few days, I have been at Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Texas for the 2008 C3 Creative Church Conference. Some of the staff and I drove down Wednesday. It's really kind of a God-story why we're here at all. About 1 year ago, Jennifer and I were at a mini Creative Church Conference with Pastor Ed Young in St. Louis, Mo. They were offering a HUGE discount on registrations for their big annual C3 Conference. We have always wanted to attend this conference and felt like we should go ahead and purchase these registrations for the staff.

Fast forward one year later and we are in a pretty good financial crunch. What to do about this conference? What seemed right a year ago seemed really dumb now. I called and it was completely non-transferable to next year and non-refundable. Use it or lose it. I don't have permission to go into all the details now of how we are making this happen, but I am definitely taking this as a sign that God wanted us here at this time for a purpose. God knew a year ago that He wanted to pour into us during this week.

I'll be honest, it is a major time-sucker and inconvenience driving to Dallas and back; not to mention tiring. We're all busy and I'm kicking off a new series on Sunday. It would have been a lot easier to "stay in the boat". But God had other plans. Sometimes pastors just need to be pastored. And, Healthy Pastors = Healthy Churches!

Day #1 was awesome! Ed Young spoke on "Betrayal". And I attended the Senior Pastor & Spouse's luncheon (minus the spouse!), hosted by Ed & Lisa Young. Both of these sessions were bullseyes for me. There's nothing like being in the right God-place at the right God-time. I'm glad we came. I'll blog more about the conference for you later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had an awesome time! Thanks for allowing me to go!

Anonymous said...

Soooooo glad you all got to go... Pastors need "Fed" too, I don't know how ya'll do it week after week after week.... We are such a blessed church, the pastoral staff is second to NONE on earth.
Thanks for all you do.