Thursday, December 13, 2007

Berna Hays-Moving Forward

Berna Hays, long time member of Englewood Assembly of God, recently moved to live with her daughter in Colorado. Before she left, Jennifer Ross and I had the chance to sit down with her and pick her brain about life, church, being a Christian, facing cancer, and many different things.

Even at her age and despite her circumstances, it was inspiring to hear Berna talk about "moving forward". The apostle Paul put it this way in Philippians 3:12-14...

"I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward (forward)—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back."

We put together a video for our Great Gobble Giveaway Outreach service. Berna is a wonderful lady and loved very much!

No comments: