Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Way You Make Me Feel

I was recently accused of being a Child of the 80's. Guilty, I guess. I listened to a lot of music from that era and, unfortunately, Michael Jackson was one of them! Come on and admit it, you listened to Wacko-Jacko too :) "Hee, hee, hee" (MJ voice).

So, you know, that music often creeps (no pun intended) back up into my brain, like MJ's "The Way You Make Me Feel." Here's what I read today that triggerred the song:

People will forget what you said

People will forget what you did

But people will never forget how you made them feel

That really gets me. I'm thinking about all the dumb times I made people feel less than great about themselves, either intentionally or unintentionally (I'm sure I've done plenty of both). I'm going to try to work on that. Here's my prayer over it:

I Thessalonians 5:9-11 "God didn't set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we're awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we're alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you're already doing this; just keep on doing it." Message Bible

1 comment:

stacy ann said...

Amen...Thank you for the encouragement!!